Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Recap of June 4, 2013: Southeast Colorado

I was at it again yesterday, this time in southeast Colorado. I started off in Limon around 4pm and was waiting for the Palmer Ridge convection to move east and encounter the juicy air. It didn't take long for a few of the cells to form strong updrafts with some light hail.

One of the cells began to consolidate before crossing CO71 and soon after crossing that road, it prompted a tornado warning. Even though I was blocked off by the precipitation shield, that was the one for me. I raced ahead to Kit Carson and then south to Eads and watched it continuously veer to the "right", always a good thing. Even though there tornado reports during the time I was watching it, I didn't see anything touchdown. That was also confirmed by other chasers. The closest it came is probably around 6:00 into the video where there's a funnel visible.

I'm pretty sure that tornado storm report, on SPC, from Sheridan Lake at 01:35Z was actually all the dust I was filming in the end of the video.


Til next time,
always on the Dryline

2 comments:

  1. Badass storm man! Love the inflow getting sucked right up into the rotating meso from 6-8min mark and the RFD dust to close put the video! Kepp up the good work :-)

    ReplyDelete